Search This Blog

Saturday, November 28, 2015

The Return of THE POP CULTURE ADDICT'S ADVENT CALENDAR!

Well, now that American Thanksgiving and Black Friday is out of the way, I think it's time to officially welcome in the holidays!



Now, while my cover photo may say "Merry Christmas", I do want to take the time to wish everyone Happy Holidays.  Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Solstice, Diwali, Las Posadas, Three Kings Day, or Festivus, do so happily and merrily.  Not to mention safely.



And, I thought that for today's blog entry, I would explain how A POP CULTURE ADDICT'S GUIDE TO LIFE will be celebrating the holiday festival.



Well, I thought that I would bring back the POP CULTURE ADDICT'S ADVENT CALENDAR for one!

It's been an annual tradition since 2012 in this blog, and what the advent calendar does is feature one entry for each of the twenty-four days leading up to Christmas Day that have something to do with the holiday season.  I could do a feature on a book, a toy, a video game, a movie, a music song...anything that is holiday flavoured.



But this year, I'll be doing it with a twist.  There'll be a couple of changes to the mix this year.



First, I'm kind of right in the middle of the New Archies Reviewed series, and I still intend on doing one entry every Friday until it is done.  So, at least three of the twenty-five days will feature these entries.

(In fact, I can tell you that they will occur on December 4, 11, and 18.)

But to try and keep it holiday themed, I'll try to insert Christmas trivia related to the episode.  Key word try.  I don't know how it'll work out just yet, but bear with me.  I'll figure it out.



For the other twenty-two days, it'll be business as usual.  I'll use the Tuesday Timeline entries to talk about something holiday related, and I plan on featuring at least two entries each on holiday music, movies, and television specials.

But I also wanted to make this blog more personal this year, so I will also be telling you some personal holiday stories that are heartwarming, thoughtful, and weird.  Emphasis on the weird part.  But hey, isn't that what the holidays are all about?  Being who you are without judgment?  And if people do judge you, you can choke a piece of fifty year old fruitcake up their...



...oh, sorry.  That's not Holly Jolly Christmas behaviour.  My bad.




So, stay tuned, everyone!  The advent calendar begins on Tuesday, December 1!  I promise you...it will be sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment