Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

And The Winner Is...

Today's going to be a bit of a short entry, as I have a lot that is going on at the moment - but it's all gravy, baby!

Wow, I must be delirious.  I'm using outdated slang.

Anyway, today's blog is a bit of a thank you, as well as an announcement of sorts, so I'll try to get through this as quickly as possible.

First things first, thank you to everyone who voted in the "Choose Which Classic Cartoon You Want Me To Review" poll.  I definitely appreciate your input, and I absolutely believe in the power of democracy. 

I have to tell you though, the race was really close.  Right off the bat, there were two major frontrunners in the competition, and I was convinced that I would be doing two shows at the same time. 

Then out of nowhere, a long shot comes into contention, and less than twelve hours before the poll closed, I had a three-way-tie!  In a way, it was brilliant because at that point, I didn't know how the contest was going to go.  But at the same time, I was hoping that someone would break the three-way-tie because I didn't really want to do three shows in a row!

Well, in the eleventh hour (literally, the last vote was cast shortly after eleven o'clock), one final vote was cast, and it broke the tie, giving me a clear cut winner.



Ladies and gentlemen, your winning choice is...



THE NEW ARCHIES!!!

Yes, for the next few weeks, I will be reviewing every single episode of The New Archies!

Here's how it is going to work.

"The New Archies" is more or less a forgotten gem of a cartoon produced by Haim Saban and distributed by DIC.  Although the show was first broadcast on NBC in September 1987 and ran for two seasons, wrapping up in September 1989, only thirteen episodes were made. 

So, basically, NBC ran the same thirteen episodes for close to two years straight - with maybe a break in between for summer.  You'd think that they would at least have a second season with new episodes.

Anyway, the good thing about "The New Archies" is that each episode is actually two mini-episodes, each one spanning approximately ten minutes each.  So, I'll be doing one half-episode per week.

So, let's just use this coming Friday as an example (and it will be an example, as I still haven't decided when I'll be starting this project yet).  Here's how it will look.

Episode 1A:  The Visitor                     July 17
Episode 1B:  Ballot Box Blues               July 24
Episode 2A:  The Last Laugh                      July 31
Episode 2B:  Thief of Hearts                     August 7

And, so on and so forth until we reach episode 13B.  This will make this project last 26 weeks.

What I can promise you is that I will be making fun of all of these episodes.  I'll make fun of the fashions, the slang, Veronica's uber-lame Valley Girl accent, and so on and so forth.  And because I'm an expert in Archie comics, I will be inserting some facts and trivia about the comics as I go on with each review.

What I may have an issue with is presenting appropriate screenshots.  I do have screenshots for the first four episodes, but not all of them are posted online.  I'll do some research and see if I can find a video streaming site that has them all available, but for episodes in which I can't, I'll have to rely on my good descriptive skills to make it work.

(I do have all the episodes on VHS, but have no idea how to switch them to DVD format so I can do the screenshots.  Don't worry though, I'll figure it out.)



So, I'll let you know when this will begin.  With everything going on, it could be a while...but trust me.  I'm good for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment