Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

25 Things You Didn't Know About Me - Really!

Typically speaking, I don't go out of my way to purchase so-called celebrity magazines.  You know, magazines such as People, Rolling Stone, Hello!, and Life & Style?

That said, I will read them if they are sitting on a table at a doctor's office, or laying on a table in the employee lounge at work.  After all, they're quite easy to digest, and in some cases they've provided me with a lot of inspiration for some of the topics you've read in this blog over the last four years.

In fact, one magazine has inspired this post!



Have any of you heard of the magazine known as "Us Weekly"?  It's a magazine that was founded in 1977 by the New York Times Company, and over the course of the last thirty-eight years, the magazine has covered a wide array of celebrity news, gossip, and trends coming out of Hollywood. 

(True Story:  For the longest time, I believed that Us Weekly was actually called U.S. Weekly, and I thought that it was a magazine that featured nothing but American stories, American celebrities, and American everything.  In reality?  It's probably only 85% American.  They do the occasional story about One Direction, Kylie Minogue, and Celine Dion.)

Anyway, Us Weekly has quite a few regular features inside of its pages that keeps readers entertained.  For instance, they have a "Fashion Police" section which takes a look at what celebrities were wearing and either praises them or pan them.  It's like having Giuliana Rancic in your living room.  Whether that's a good thing or not?  Well, that's your call.

Us Musts takes a look at the newest television shows, CD's, and movies that are out, and gives recommendations on what to scope out and what to avoid.

And then there's my personal favourite.  It's a little blurb that takes up no more than half a page of the magazine, but it allows you to learn so much about your favourite famous people.

It's a feature where celebs list off twenty-five facts that people might not know about them.  And for what it's worth, you learn a lot about people.  Most of the celebs take it seriously.  Some take it semi-seriously.  And some like Weird Al Yankovic handled this piece with such sarcasm that it's hard to tell whether there really are any serious answers in the bunch or not.

(Seriously, just click HERE and read his list.  It'll crack you up.)

Anyway, I thought that I would do my own list.  And in this case, this is going to prove to be a challenge.  You see, I've been keeping this blog going for four years now, and I don't know if I have any more things to share that you already don't know.

But you know what?  I'll give it my best shot.

So, I've reached into the depths of my brain and I have come up with 25 things that you probably didn't know about me...well, until now that is.

Okay, let's go.



1.  I would die a very happy man if I never ever heard the words "Kardashian", "Jenner", or "Kanye West" again.



2.  I have a small collection of novelty socks.  Here is just one of many pairs that I have.  With us having a strict dress code at my workplace, it's the only form of self-expression I have.

3.  At my workplace, I can use the key cutting machine, I can use the paint shaker, I can operate the shopping cart pusher, and I've worked in at least half a dozen different departments.  



4.  This was the very first banner that I ever designed in my life.  This banner was painted in 2014.

5.  The font that I used in this banner is called "Variex" - which is the same font that I use for this blog's logo.

6.  I can probably count the number of weddings that I have ever attended on one hand.



7.  When I have a day off, or I am working on something that requires me to do some messy work, I'll purposely wear clothes that don't match.  Don't believe me?  Here's proof.



8.  I have every song that hit #1 on the charts on every single one of my birthdays downloaded onto my iPod from "Bette Davis Eyes" to "All of Me".



9.  One year, I spent my entire March Break holiday playing Final Fantasy 6 on my Super Nintendo.  Everyone else I knew went away for the holiday.  What else was there to do?



10.  I love Old Navy clothing and I really wish that a location would open up where I live so I don't have to travel eighty-three kilometres to go to Old Navy.

11.  I was absolutely terrified of a gigantic neon foot sign inside of a local sporting goods shop in my hometown, and until the sign was taken down, I would not even walk inside of the store.



12.  My favourite gum to chew as a child was Wrigley's Juicy Fruit.  I still chew it on occasion.

13.  I've fallen down a total of seven flights of stairs in my entire life.

14.  I have a tiny scar on my head that is covered by my hair.  I fell down a slide and cracked my head open at the bottom of the slide.



15.  My least favourite colour in the world is yellow.  Interestingly enough, I just purchased a yellow M&m's wristwatch because I like the yellow M&m's mascot.



16.  I once dumped an entire bottle of Oil of Olay on my head when I was four years old.  I wonder if that's why people think I look younger than I really am.

17.  Although I was born and raised in Canada, some people claim that I have an American accent.



18.  I am only twelve books away from having a completed Archie Digest collection.



19.  My body wash of choice is almost always Old Spice.



20.  I use a deodorant called "Mesmerize" - which I'm not ashamed to admit that I order from the AVON catalogue.

21.  I have never played any of the games in the Call of Duty series.

22.  I use a different coloured pen at work each day. 



23.  I have the entire series of "Three's Company" on DVD format.

24.  I cannot function in a pristine room.  I have to have some clutter scattered around in some manner or else I cannot concentrate.



25.  Believe it or not, my very first swimsuit was a lime green Speedo.  Mind you, I was only three years old at the time, and have never worn a Speedo since.  You're welcome, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment