Search This Blog

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Guys...I Need A Favour (It'll Only Take A Couple Of Seconds)

You know, when it comes to figuring out what to talk about in this blog, I rely a lot of all of you who read this.  I have to say that some of you who have been following along with this blog since it began have been really good about floating me suggestions for discussion, or what you would like to see me do for special theme weeks.  This way, I allow all of you to have a little piece of yourselves in this space.

After all, I wouldn't have a blog if it weren't for all of you reading it.

This being said...I need your help.



You see, we're fast approaching the fourth anniversary of "A POP CULTURE ADDICT'S GUIDE TO LIFE" - yeah, you heard that right.  Four years I've been doing this!  I can hardly believe it either.  What started off as a project to document my thirties has now spanned four years.  Amazing.

Anyway, the official anniversary doesn't take place until May 24, but I'm trying to come up with a special way to celebrate the fourth anniversary of this blog.  I was actually thinking of doing a month long feature during the whole month of May - similar to what I do with the advent calendar that I do every December.



Here's the thing.  I don't know what to do.

I mean, I have a ton of ideas going through my head, but I can't seem to decide what one would work best.

So, I've decided to hit the masses, and ask you what you want to see.

Interestingly enough, I have four ideas to choose from (four years, four ideas, I suppose).  And, all of them are ones that could be considered doable.  However, I need your assistance in choosing which one I will do.

Remember, this will take place during the blog's anniversary month in May.  Every entry between May 1 and May 31 will have this theme.

Okay, here we go with the themes.



THEME 1:  MAY IS MUSIC MONTH

Remember how I used to have those Sunday Jukebox entries where I focused on a song, album, or artist?  This would be an entire month of those.

All month long, including Tuesday Timeline entries, I will be doing music spotlights.  I may even consider doing a different genre per day (Country Mondays, R&B Wednesdays, '80s Saturdays, etc).  I figure this way, we could all have fun dancing and bobbing along with the music.  And you can't have an anniversary party without music!



THEME 2:  MAY IS PERSONAL STORY MONTH

I did make a promise to myself that I would make 2015 more personal and that I would be bringing more of myself to the blog.  Well, if you vote option 2, I will be prepared to tell all of you thirty-one stories from my own personal treasure trove of memories.

And believe me.  I have a photographic memory.  I remember it all!

Of course, the Tuesday Timelines will be a problem, as I would have to try and incorporate personal memories from my own life into the fold.  But, I suppose I would have to find a way to do this while still maintaining the integrity of the theme day.



THEME 3:  May Is Birthday Month

Okay, the blog is turning four in May.  I am turning much older in May.  May is a big birth month for me.  So, if you vote for theme month #3, every single entry will be a birthday entry.  I'll do celebrity birthday spotlights and anniversary spotlights all the month of May, be it celebrating the birth of an actor/actress, the invention of a household item, the creation of a food item, or even celebrating the birth of this blog itself.  That's what you would get with option 3.



Theme 4:  May Is Food Month

At every anniversary party, there always has to be some food and drinks to eat.  Otherwise, guests get cranky and the mood turns sour like milk.

So, voting for option 4 will give you a whole month of food related topics!  This may cause me to get creative for the Tuesday Timeline entry, but seeing as how I don't have a whole lot of food representation in this blog (and remembering how much fun it was to write a food blog after the 7-Up entry yesterday), I thought...why not?

So, here's where you come in.  What would you like to see for the blog's anniversary month?

1 - MUSIC
2 - PERSONAL STORIES
3 - BIRTHDAY
4 - FOOD

Let me know either through the comments section, on Twitter (My handle is @PCA_GuideToLife), or on Facebook (the link to the page is on the sidebar).

I know that May is still a stone's throw away, but I want to have prep time.  In the meantime, stay tuned for April - I have a special Easter theme week planned beginning Monday, March 30!

Okay.  Carry on.  Happy Saturday, everyone!

1 comment:




  1. Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular post! It is the little changes which will make the largest changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

    Click here to chceck my blog :: 휴게텔

    ReplyDelete