Search This Blog

Thursday, December 12, 2013

If These Branches Could Talk...

Happy Thursday, everybody!  I hope that you're excited for this week's video blog because I think that it's on a subject that every single person can relate to.



It also happens to be the twelfth day of "THE POP CULTURE ADDICT'S ADVENT CALENDAR"!  I can't believe that we're almost halfway through already!  I think that I'm going to be a little bit sad seeing it end, because it's always a lot of fun writing holiday themed entries!

So, what could I be possibly chatting about this week?  Well, I'll give you a hint.  Have a look at this picture.



This is actually a picture of the family Christmas tree.  Well, an older picture of it anyway.  This picture was taken on December 3, and over the next few days, more ornaments and lights were added on.  The end result is a tree that has a lot of yuletide history to it.

And, I thought that it might be a wonderful idea to do a blog entry based on the wonderful history associated with a few of the ornaments on our tree.

After all, every ornament tells a story.  Hence the reason why I've titled this blog "If These Branches Could Talk".

Now, I have done this blog entry in video format.  But before I do, I want to post a little bit of behind the scenes trivia about the making of this blog.

NO. 1:  The music you hear in the background is actually the soundtrack to A Charlie Brown Christmas by the Vince Guaraldi Trio.  I found it online and felt it would be perfect.  I just wanted to credit the album for providing the festive soundtrack.

NO. 2:  This video that you're going to see is actually Take #17!!!  It took me seventeen times to get this video right, because the first fifteen takes I kept flubbing up, and take sixteen cut out because I didn't have enough memory on my iPad mini (apparently fifteen takes on a 16GB iPad mini takes up a LOT of space).  Fortunately, Take 17 was a success!

NO. 3:  Despite all the technical difficulties, this remains my very favourite video blog that I have ever done.

So, without further adieu, let's watch the video to see which ornament on the family Christmas tree is the oldest, how many pop culture characters I have on our tree, which ornament came from Florida, and which ornament is my all time favourite.


Coming up on Day #13...I still haven't decided yet.  Consider it a surprise!


No comments:

Post a Comment