Search This Blog

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Video Blog - Understanding the Present Through The Past

I realize that the title of this Thursday blog entry might seem somewhat confusing.  But that's exactly what this particular diary entry is all about.  There are two videos that I will be posting in this particular diary entry.  The first video was filmed a few hours ago, and it's basically a rehash of recent events.  



November 21, 2013



Okay, so from this video, you can tell two major things.  Firstly, this video was filmed just a few hours ago, as you can tell from the video, I'm still trying to adjust to things.  The last 48 hours have been an absolute blur, and I think that the next few days are going to be somewhat the same.  Of course, everybody grieves a loss in their own way, and my way of grieving is talking about it.  It actually makes me feel better to do exactly that.

And secondly - I really do have that many comic books.  And yes, I am a self-confessed comic book geek and make absolutely zero apologies for this fact. 

And, I guess if there's one lesson that I can take from the whirlwind of emotions that I have been feeling over the past couple of days, it's that life does go on.

Ironically enough, I think that I came up with that conclusion when I filmed the second video that you will see almost immediately after this one.  Now, as I said in video #1, video #2 was filmed four days ago, before everything happened, so this explains the change in mood.  But listen very closely to the video.  It was actually intended to be the one I would have posted anyway, and there's a lot to be said about it.  I do apologize once again for the length...I tend to be a chatty...um...Charlie when I get fixated on a subject.  I'll work on that for next week, okay?



So, the lesson that I can take away from what happened is to live life.  Until recently, I've realized that I haven't really done much living.  And, perhaps having my past self (granted my past self of four days) reminding the future self will help out in that regard.

That's really all I have to say for now.  Join me next week for the next video blog...where if all goes well will be filmed on location!

No comments:

Post a Comment