Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Sadness and Gladness



This edition of the Whatever Wednesday was actually decided after an extremely long day and very little time to write a coherent blog entry in words.  Unfortunately, I fear that my video component of today's blog (which was actually filmed yesterday) is not very clear. 

So, I'm just going to post the video, and from there, I'll explain the point that I am trying to make.


Okay, so point number one that I'm trying to make...I apparently am terrible at filming shots through a window!  Take my word for it.  It was snowing hard when I was filming this entry (and as of six o'clock this morning it is still snowing as I type this out now).  You have to love Canada in November!

But I suppose the bigger point that I was trying to make with this piece is the fact that when someone you know dies, it's never easy to say goodbye.  And certainly attending my friend's memorial service was one of those times.  But the fact that so many people came together in a time in which we all felt our most vulnerable and our most sad...it was actually quite nice.  

So, I guess if you watch the video and try to make sense of it...I think I got that point across.  At least, I hope so.  If not, at least I managed to get it out in words.

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with Graham's loved ones during this time.  

1 comment:

  1. You mentioned something in the video about all of the people who showed up to pay their respects for Graham, I think this directly correlates with the number of lives he's touched.

    I was not able to make the service - but from what I've heard it was an emotional time, filled with memories of happiness and sadness, and I suppose I regret not being able to be there.

    I want to thank you Matt, for always having the courage to answer the tough questions, as you have done again with this video entry.

    ReplyDelete