Search This Blog

Thursday, October 03, 2013

The Lunch Hour Confessional

For this edition of the Thursday Diary entry, I've come up with a unique idea.  

And, just to clear up any confusion, I've postdated the entry that is going to be featured in today's blog.  The date says October 3, but I actually wrote it October 2.

And, I have a confession to make.  I wrote this blog entry during my lunch hour at work.



You see...I've always loved lunch hour.  It's probably one of my favourite times of my entire work day.  And it's not necessarily because I love to eat and hate to work, though I'll also be the first to admit that there are days in which this absolutely happens.  It's because the lunch hour allows me to have some time to myself to do with whatever I like.  It's a time in which I can be free with my thoughts and choose who I want to spend time with.

Though, I'll be the first one to admit that lately I have been spending my lunch hours seated by myself.  And while a few years ago, I would have felt like I was unloved or unwanted...now I choose to eat by myself because I want to.  It allows me to sit down and think about what I want to write about in this space.

Today, I thought about challenging myself.  I can usually come up with a topic and have an entire blog written about the subject within a time frame of six hours.  

But could I write an entire blog entry in the space of time it takes to eat my lunch at work?

Well, here it is.  I grabbed my little notebook, jotted down paragraphs and sentences, and here's the finished result, completely scanned in.  I hope you enjoy it!  It's not really edited for spelling and grammar, but I hope you'll forgive me.  







No comments:

Post a Comment